Monday, January 9, 2012

Bringin in the New Year with class

Well, I can't say I've always had the best New Year's Eves. The topper was the millennium New Year's ('99-2000) when my cousin paid me $75 big ones to watch his two girls instead of going to the bash of the century with my entire 9th grade world. The night ended with one girl having pink eye, the other having a fever, and me running around the front yard at midnight banging a pot and a lid by myself while the wee ones stood on the porch looking at me groggily and confused with a pot in each hand. Not my finest hour.
This year, however, turned that frown right upside down. There were no fancy parties, dress-up clothes, or Martinelli's.
But there was a fort.
And there were hobbits.
Not only did Robbie and I build our own shelter in my family room, we stocked it with pillows and blankets galore, a never-ending supply of orange juice, and snuggled up for a full-blown Lord of the Rings Marathon!! Can you imagine a better way to spend New Year's? I dare you to try.
Building the fort. Tricksy business but well worth it in the end.
If you think the outside looks awesome, just you wait.
There it is! Sooooooooooooooo excited!
Can you see the anticipation in his eyes?
We didn't make it through all three. In fact, we really only made it through about one and a half, but we gave it a noble effort.
And to top it all off, this guy gave me the best present ever:
My very first New Year's kiss.

6 comments:

  1. That is the most romantic thing I've heard in a long time! Glad to see you together in blogger again . . . You look sooo happy, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO presh :) You look super duper happy Ang! Much love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's all i did on new years too. movies. and my first new years kiss too! twinners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving me grateful information. I think this is very important to me.

    Regards,
    Online Dissertation Proposal

    ReplyDelete